Friday, October 19, 2012

Spa La La

Cool, vintage hairdryers @ Biz
Last night I had the pleasure of attending Spa La La hosted by Brittany of Yelp Indy and Biz on Fletcher Salon and Day Spa. This was an amazing event! When I walked inside the Biz, I was very suprised. From the outside it has a rustic, quaint feel but the inside is very trendy.

When I walked in the door the first thing I did was grab a Skinny Girl cucumber cocktail - delicious! From there I went to get a chair massage, which was fabulous, and discovered that this salon actually gives complimentary chair massages and well as mini-facials with any hair service. What a score! Naturally, after finding out this great information, I had to try the mini-facial. I'm a very low maintenance when it comes to skin care (maybe not the best?) so the hot steam towel was annoying me at first, but I loved how fresh my skin looked after the facial.

Massage Room @ Biz on Fletcher
At this point, the event was starting to get more full so I decided to go refill my cucumber cocktail and also grab a plate of some of the appetizers that La Margarita and Pure Eatery had provided. The food was good, but the guacamole was out of this world good. Seriously - I saw almost everyone go back for seconds. After gorging on chips and guac, I decided it was time for a little more pampering.



I headed back to the other end of the salon, where they were offering hand massages and paraffin treatments, polish changing, and brow arching. Since the line for the brow arching was the shortest, I chose to do that first. My brows look great, and the woman who assisted me was friendly, funny, and gave me some good tips on trimming eyebrows. I would definitely return, even just for waxing alone.
Nail Station @ Biz on Fletcher

I decided not to get a polish change at this event. First, because I had no polish on to change; second, because I have no nails. :( I did see several other ladies getting their nails painted and I liked the selection of colors available, although I did not see too many displayed. My first paraffin treatment was last night and I couldn't help be reminded me of playing in the fresh, warm candle wax of my grandmother's candles as a child. I liked the paraffin wax, but I am not sure if I would pay for this treatment as I only noticed a difference in my skin's appearance and softness for a very limited time after the treatment.

This event was so much fun, and I got to meet and converse with so many cool ladies that night. I will definitely be attending the Yelp Paints the Town Red event at the Mavris next Thursday. Big props to Brittany from Yelp, La Margarita, Pure Eatery and most importantly Biz on Fletcher and the stylists there for making this event so great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...